A great way to keep track of which of your favourite blogs has recently updated without having to visit the blog itself, is to use an RSS Feeder. It sounds complicated, but it’s really very simple.
Here’s a video that explains the what, the why and the how of RSS.
The voice over is a bit annoying, so you might prefer this text based tutorial from the NHS, or this clear guide from the BBC. Google has a feed reader called, er, Google Reader, and my own personal favourite is Bloglines.
Why bother? Because if you regularly visit several blogs, a feed reader directs you only to those blogs that have updated since your last visit, thereby eliminating your need to visit all of your favourites. And subscribing has got simpler since that video was made….
- Duncan Brinsmead Plays With Fire – For a Living
- Festivus Facelift
- Animator’s Pay Packets On The Up
- Some Stills From “The Illusionist”
- ComparePSD – Free Windows Download from PixelNovel
- MaPZone – A Free and Powerful Procedural Renderer
- Marvellous Disney
- Mind Mapping & Idea Generating Software
- AWN TV Puff Piece for The Princess & The Frog
- The Beatles Rock Band Game Cinematic